COVID 19 20 JULY 2020 UPDATE: FOLLOWING THE REVISED ADVICE FROM ENGALND ATHLETICS ISSUED ON FRIDAY 17 JULY THE NUMBER OF RUNNERS WHO CAN ATTEND EACH SESSION IS INCREASED FROM 5 TO 12.
Monday 5k run with Pete. Meet at Freedom Leisure 9.30am This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday 5k run with Sam (Samantha). Meet at Freedom Leisure (note sometimes the meet place will be different but all booked runners will be advised) 6.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday Rep sessions with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 6.30pm. This session consists of hill reps or other reps (it is a structured session but you run it as hard as you like). The session lasts 60 to 90 mins. Not suitable for beginners
Wednesday Track Session with Dayle/Dan Meet at Crowborough Track (Crowborough TN6 2TN) 7.30pm. Structured track training session. Not suitable for beginners
Thursday 5k run with Chris (Christopher). Meet at Freedom Leisure 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Thursday 5k run with Emma. Meet at Victoria Park (aka Victoria Pleasure Ground) 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Saturday social off road 10 to 12k with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. These runs will take you along some of the many footpaths in a our area around, Uckfield, Buxted, High Hurstwood, Framfield, Fairwarp, Mareshield etc
Sunday social off road approx 10miles with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. Similar to the Saturday run but with the longer distance will go fruther afield.
Currently sessions must be pre booked
1) All sessions must be pre booked: do not just turn up as you will be turned away
4) For Weds and Thurs and weekend runs please also state if you would wish to do the alternative same day/weekend session if your first choice is not available For example you can say 1st choice Thurs Chris or Emma and 2nd choice Tues Sam.
5) Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served bases but if you did not get a run in one week you will be given priority the following week
6) You will be notified by email Sunday late afternoon/early evening of the sessions you are booked in for.
7) If there are any unbooked spaces these will be posted on Facebook on Sunday evening and will be booked on a first come basis: anyone can book even if they have already booked other sessions.
9) The normal charge of £1 per session applies but please do not bring cash. Please pay for your sessions in the month at the start of the following month by bank transfer to the club account details of which will be included in the weekly reminder email. The charge for a month is capped at £8, thus if you usually do two or more sessions per week you just pay £8 per month.
Sorry to be so prescriptive but we want to make the booking process and allocation rules clear so that it is fair to everyone.
Please note that with the increase in the number of runners to 12 per session with effect from 21 July 2020 we expect most ir not all sessions will not reach capacity so spaces will be available even on the day. However we would be gratefull if you can book at the week end if you can to allow the run leaders to have an idea of expected numbers. Thank you for your cooperation in these difficult times.
GUIDELINES DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS
You must adhere to the following guidelines
1) You are running at your own risk and are responsible for following current guidelines
2) If you or anyone in your household feel unwell, have been tested positive for Covid or been told to self isolate then please do not attend. You will be asked to confirm this at the start of the session.
3) Please follow the government's guidelines and keep your distance.
4) No sharing drinks, holding someone's keys etc. There will not be a bag for you to leave stuff in: if you bring it you have to carry it.
5) If you are not on a group list please do not turn up hoping to run, you will be sent home.....sorry.
6) Please wash your hands before and after running, or bring hand sanitizer.
7) No spitting
8) Be aware of what you may touch: for example it is recommended you do not use railings for stretching after the run. If doing the weekend off road runs these are likely to include going through gates and over stiles: it is recommended you do not touch your face after going through/over a gate or stile
'NORMAL' TRAINING PRE COVID (WHICH WILL RESUME IN DUE COURSE)
Please see Forthcoming events and training page for summary of training in coming week
Tuesday evening club night
We meet every Tuesday for training 7pm Freedom Leisure Centre, Downsview Crescent, Uckfield. Typically training last about 1 hour and may be a steady run, hills or repetitions. In the summer we train off road, around Uckfield and surrounding area or sometimes drive up to Ashdown Forest. Training is as hard as you want it to be whether you want to go flat out or just have a social jog.
During the winter months we train in Uckfield. Once a month we run a club 3k time trial and we generally do a repetition/hill sessions on two evenings and a steady run on on one eveing. In the summer we are more flexible depending on the weather and the amount of daylight but mainly run off road. The following months training schedule is included on the News page.
Track sessions 1st and 3rd Wednesday at Crowborough 2nd and 4th Wednesday at Eastbourne
We run track training sessions at Crowborough, Goldsmiths Leisure Centre Eridge Road, Crowborough TN6 2TN, 7.30pm £1 on the first and third Wednesday
We also run a joint track session (all year) with Heathfield Road Runners (our partner club in the cross country league) on the second and fourth Wednesday at 7pm Eastbourne track at Cross levels Way, Eastbourne BN21 2UF (£3 pay on track Click here for Map).
The sessions last about 1 hours and is suitable for all abilities: you do not need to be quick to benefit from track training.
Sunday runs are usually organised if there is not a race on usually varying in length from about 7 miles to 12 miles. The runs are designed to cater for different abilities. Weekend runs are posted to the News page.
A group specially aimed at non runners and beginners is run on Thursday evening at 7.30pm from the Leisure centre. Click here for more information >.
Its not all about running, we hold a Christmas meal and Dance and a barbeque in the Summer.