COVID 19 20 JULY 2020 UPDATE: FOLLOWING THE REVISED ADVICE FROM ENGALND ATHLETICS ISSUED ON FRIDAY 17 JULY THE NUMBER OF RUNNERS WHO CAN ATTEND EACH SESSION IS INCREASED FROM 5 TO 12.
Monday 5k run with Pete. Meet at Freedom Leisure 9.30am This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday 5k run with Sam (Samantha). Meet at Freedom Leisure (note sometimes the meet place will be different but all booked runners will be advised) 6.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday Rep sessions with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 6.30pm. This session consists of hill reps or other reps (it is a structured session but you run it as hard as you like). The session lasts 60 to 90 mins. Not suitable for beginners
Wednesday Track Session with Dayle/Dan Meet at Crowborough Track (Crowborough TN6 2TN) 7.30pm. Structured track training session. Not suitable for beginners
Thursday 5k run with Chris (Christopher). Meet at Freedom Leisure 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Thursday 5k run with Emma. Meet at Victoria Park (aka Victoria Pleasure Ground) 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Saturday social off road 10 to 12k with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. These runs will take you along some of the many footpaths in a our area around, Uckfield, Buxted, High Hurstwood, Framfield, Fairwarp, Mareshield etc
Sunday social off road approx 10miles with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. Similar to the Saturday run but with the longer distance will go fruther afield.
Currently sessions must be pre booked
1) All sessions must be pre booked: do not just turn up as you will be turned away
4) For Weds and Thurs and weekend runs please also state if you would wish to do the alternative same day/weekend session if your first choice is not available For example you can say 1st choice Thurs Chris or Emma and 2nd choice Tues Sam.
5) Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served bases but if you did not get a run in one week you will be given priority the following week
6) You will be notified by email Sunday late afternoon/early evening of the sessions you are booked in for.
7) If there are any unbooked spaces these will be posted on Facebook on Sunday evening and will be booked on a first come basis: anyone can book even if they have already booked other sessions.
9) The normal charge of £1 per session applies but please do not bring cash. Please pay for your sessions in the month at the start of the following month by bank transfer to the club account details of which will be included in the weekly reminder email. The charge for a month is capped at £8, thus if you usually do two or more sessions per week you just pay £8 per month.
Sorry to be so prescriptive but we want to make the booking process and allocation rules clear so that it is fair to everyone.
Please note that with the increase in the number of runners to 12 per session with effect from 21 July 2020 we expect most ir not all sessions will not reach capacity so spaces will be available even on the day. However we would be gratefull if you can book at the week end if you can to allow the run leaders to have an idea of expected numbers. Thank you for your cooperation in these difficult times.
GUIDELINES DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS
You must adhere to the following guidelines
1) You are running at your own risk and are responsible for following current guidelines
2) If you or anyone in your household feel unwell, have been tested positive for Covid or been told to self isolate then please do not attend. You will be asked to confirm this at the start of the session.
3) Please follow the government's guidelines and keep your distance.
4) No sharing drinks, holding someone's keys etc. There will not be a bag for you to leave stuff in: if you bring it you have to carry it.
5) If you are not on a group list please do not turn up hoping to run, you will be sent home.....sorry.
6) Please wash your hands before and after running, or bring hand sanitizer.
7) No spitting
8) Be aware of what you may touch: for example it is recommended you do not use railings for stretching after the run. If doing the weekend off road runs these are likely to include going through gates and over stiles: it is recommended you do not touch your face after going through/over a gate or stile
Pakrun are current suspened but usually there are a number of local Parkruns including Uckfield which starts at Uckfield Rugby club and is a scenic off road route in Buxted Park: but it is muddy in the winter. Parkruns are every Saturday 9am they are free but if you have not already done so you need to register with Parkrun (free) and print off your bar code which you can then use at any Parkrun World wide. Locally there are also Parkruns at Eastbourne, Hastings Prom, Hove Prom, Preston Park Brighton, East Brighton, Hove Park, Bevendean Brighton, Peacehaven, Seaford, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Bedgebury nr Wadhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Tilgate Park Crawley.
Upcoming events: running
We do not know when races will return but virtual events are still being held
Upcoming Events other
Usually the Christmas party would be our next cocial event but with the Covid situation it is uncertain as to whether this will take place.
In most months 1 or 2 events are selected as particular events we seek to support: so hopefully we can achieve a strong turnout for each of these events: lets make a crowd. Mostly these will be 5 mile or 10k so anyone can do them. Quite often we will visit a cafe afterwards for those who want some post race sustenance. However Races are currently suspended due to Covid
The 2019/20 season dates are on the Cross Country tab.
Sussex Grand Prix events
The list of 2020 races are shown on the Sussex Grand Prix tab under racing above but most have been suspened. There was to be 12 races. For a full score you would have needed to complete 6 out of the 12. races. We will wait to see if the SGP will resume in 2021.
Main Group: Tuesday Training (normal training non covid)
In on covid Tuesday training is a mix of steady runs and more 'technical' sessions such as hills or repetitions. During the spring/Summer we mainly train off road in the winter the runs are in Uckfield town.
Currently this is replaced with the option of a 5k steady run with Sam from Victoria Park or a reps session in Buxted Park from Uckfield Rugby club both at 6.30pm.
Monday and Thursday Beginners/Joggers Groups
There are beginners/joggers groups on Monday 9.30am and Thursday 7.30pm: but also in these Covid times the Tuesday 5k group is also suitable for beginners. These are relaxed social groups which cater for absolute beginners, joggers and runners looking for a more relaxed run. See the beginners tab for further details
Track training is at Crowborourgh 1st and 3rd Wednesday (£1) Uckfield Runners session (April to October) and at Eastbourne (Cross Levels Way, Eastbourne BN21 2UF) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month (all year) from 7pm (£3) joint session with Heathfield Road Runners. Both sessions are for 1 hour. Both are suitable for all abilities.
Currently sessions are held each week at Crowborough with the option of a 6.30pm or 7.30pm sessions (£1)
Weekend runs may be added in weeks we are not doing a race: check this page for details. Currently off road runs are held for Uckfield Rugby Club at at 8.30am on Saturday (10 to 12k) and Sunday (approx 10 mile)